Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's a Grill !

It's a Grill ! 2011
7 x 10.5 inches
Neocolor artist crayons on watercolour paper

It's been a while since I last posted.  A lot has happened - new job, did more work on my studio (I now have a whole wall of reference library! ) and have been working on a number of projects.

I decided to revisit the Neocolor experience, and I'm glad I did. When you combine the brilliant colours from Caran D'Ache's line of artist crayons with the wonderful melting and blending features of the Icarus art board, you can't help but be pleased with the result. And working with Prismacolor pencils for refinements just made it so much more enjoyable.

The piece above shows my love affair with the colour and lines of antique cars, especially when they've been lovingly restored and put on display in summer car shows. Just  remembering the bright sunny hot day, and lots of shiny old cars, trucks, and motorcycles brings a smile to my face. 

The car shows are over for another year, and it's back to school for the kids.  It was a good summer for me, got a lot of painting done, had every Friday off to decompress in the studio, and now it's time to think about building up a body of work for next year. 

Time to get back to work :-)

TTFN
Terry

3 comments:

  1. Great work, Terry! I love the colors and composition, and I'm partial to the technique, of course. You are a very versatile artist, skilled in many different subjects and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ester - and thank you so much for inventing the Icarus Board. It's a joy to work with !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece! Yummy and rich colour. Yeah for Neocolors and the Icarus board. And you got out your Prismacolors, atta girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete