Saturday, December 31, 2011

El Camino - Pages

"El Camino - Pages" 2011
Pastel 14x11.5 inches
Pastel on Canson Mi-Teintes


Happy New Year, everyone!

This is my post for the year 2011, and I must apologize for being  remiss about posting, but as we all know, life happens J

It's been quite an eventful year, for some more than others.  Through it all the one thing that has amazed me is the closeness of the artistic community, and how much of a family you all are, even though you're spread around the world.   The creativity you all share is reflected in the largesse of your hearts, and in the alacrity with which you spring to each others' sides in times of need.  I'm proud to be part of that family.

It's amazing how, even though only connected by email, newsletters, blogs, the ephemeral world of cyberspace, photons, electrons, bits and bytes, I feel as if I know you all personally.  This is most evident when I participate in webinars, as I have been over this year with various instructors.  The 'regulars', with their colorful aliases, are old friends, and the chat rooms take on a life of their own during the webinar sessions  J .

It always surprises me to find out that I'm speaking to someone in South Africa, Norway, China or the southern US.  And that, while it's early afternoon. here, there are those of you who are participating even though it's 2 a.m. and you've been up since sunrise!  That's passion for your art!

This past year I've been painting, drawing, pastelling, and Thinking - oh my how I've been thinking  J   Seems that at least 40% of the time my mind is on the next work of art - muddling around with subject, placement, design, color, style, and medium.  And that's when I'm at my day job ...

So I wish you all a happy new year - may it be better than the last, may you always be creating, and may your hearts be filled with light and color J

See you next year!

Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment