Monday, January 17, 2011

Ocean Breezes

Ocean Breezes 2011
10 x 6 3/4 in, soft pastel on Canson Mi-Teintes
So this is number 3 in the Gull series.  I'm very pleased with this one - captured the ruffled feathers, the thin film of water on the sand, and the backlit quality of the feathers.  I can feel the warm winds, and remember that day clearly.  (And that's good too, because I woke up to -23 degrees C this morning, that's just too cold).

This painting went much quicker than the previous pastel - don't know if it was because the image was larger, especially the bird, or I'm getting my 'sea legs' for dry pastels. Whatever the reason, I'm looking forward to the next one.

It's late, my dog Dasch is wanting to go to sleep (he's giving me that intense 'you know what I want' doggy stare), and I keep yawning, so I'm signing off, until next time.

TTFN

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment