Sunday, March 6, 2011

Series 605 The Continuing Saga

Series 605 – Sunset 3363
9x12 in soft pastels on Canson 2011

This is the next in the 605 series, and my first try at a larger size than I normally do. I've taken a lot of shots from the sixth floor balcony of an apartment I used to live in years ago. The sunsets were outrageous; there were many days when I sat for couple of hours until it got too dark to see.


The skies really do look like that over West Ottawa. There are some gorgeous sunsets and you’re never disappointed. I'm having fun with soft pastels, learning new ways of applying color. (I’ve learned it's not easy to erase pastel).   And I'm having fun - did I say that already?

I think I'm going to be doing a lot more of my Series 605 work. There's a lot to play with. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment