Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Portent

Portent  2011
20x16 in Acrylic on canvas
Portent - a glimpse of what's to come - A sign or warning that something, especially something momentous or calamitous, is likely to happen.

Originally this was painted horizontally - an abstracted landscape I was going to call Mountains of the Moon.  The my son Caleb turned it 90 degrees and said "That's it! Can you see the pressure building between the edges of darkness and light? Squeezing out that thin red molten stuff?"

The more I looked at it the more I saw what he saw. And then the title came to me.

Don't you just love abstracts?  Everyone sees what's important to them, what they're feeling at the moment, what's in THEIR mind's eye.

Truly a personal experience - on every level!  Such fun!

TTFN
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment