Sunday, July 10, 2011

TROPOSPHERE

Troposphere  2011
16 x 20 inches, acrylic on canvas

For the last few weeks I have been driven to paint abstracts.  There are realistic images backed up in my brain, but they can't make it out, for as soon as I enter the studio my hands reach for a blank canvas and I'm drawn into an abstract vortex.  The resulting paintings reflect that, I think - layers upon layers of colour melding, swirling, opposing.  These are unlike anything I've done before - guess I'll go with the flow and see what happens next.

In the meantime reference photos are piling up on my desk for at least 3 realistic painting projects.  It's like the abstracts are letting me 'see' the real world in a sharper clearer light. When I do finally get back to painting in realism mode I think there'll be a change there, too.

I'm not good at waiting - the suspense is driving me batty! But the journey is more important than the destination, n'est-ce pas?

TTFN

Terry :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment